Wednesday, August 8, 2007

From February- When I first wrote about it

Friday, February 16, 2007
RE SOLVE
..>
RE SOLVE
It hit me. Resolutions... what are they really? We treat them like a wishlist for santa. Well, those of us that "do" santa that is Is it any wonder that they are recuring every year? That we easily push them aside to try again next time?
But what would happen if we actually gave the word the respect and thought that it warants. Re-solve. re-solution. Have you solved anything lately, or taken the time to create an actual SOLUTION for the issue?
Well, I've thought about it and I'm ready to solve. We're going to do things differently. It's gonna be great.
We have made a decision to detoxify our lives in every way. We want to get back to a minimalistic, basic lifestyle with a focus on God. We've made a plan and resolution for this year that EVERYTHING we do must be purposeful, working towards peace, health (emotionally, spiritually and physically), and security for us and our children. If anything works against it in any way at all, we have to reevaluate the action, relationship, item, event, etc. or rethink the purpose and realign what we're doing so there is integrity and wholeness.
In the last two months we have made a lot of changes. We are going through everything we own and questioning our need for it. It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate in the hopes of "one day". One day we'll rebuild this. This over here I'll paint. I want to knock the top off of that one and make it an end table. Nevermind. I have 3 sweet lil' projects now and I'll take them over the junk any day.
Events in the last year have changed what we thought we knew of people. While forgiving is obtainable I find that going back to those relationships is as impossible as going back to last summer, or restoring a child's innocence. It just can't be done. And I'm Ok with that. I still love. I still care. But trust is a gift that must be earned. I'll keep that to myself, thank you.
Ultimately, I'm just done expecting things to change without making a change. Somewhere I heard "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results." I can't remember where I heard it, but it branded my mind and the way I've seen things for the past year.
So here we are... doing things new. Ask me how it went next year.

No comments: