Thursday, August 9, 2007

Be Still My Heart

Do you ever just have one of those days where your heart is so full that it physically aches. My children have taken on this whole new level of awareness.



Last month we became a one car family. One of our steps towards simplified life. We were a bit anxious as to how it would all work out. We've always got a million things going. But having only the minivan has actually helped slow us down. It has made us more intentional in our living. That is exactly what we are looking for. Living life on purpose.



The Marta train station is a 5 minute round trip for the kids and I to drop Travis off. We've realized that having him ride Marta has so many benefits. First of all, it actually costs less than gas would. Not to mention what another car would cost in payments and/or repairs and maintenance. It gives him 20 minutes to and from work to have some peace. He's been reading his bible and books as he sits. Imagine how much better that must be for your body and spirit.

We all get up in the morning to get him to the station at 7:30. I've started laying the kids clothes out the night before so we can go straight to the YMCA after dropping him. It feels good to get started early. When we pick him up in the evenings, he's had 20 minutes to relax. So he's ready to be the family man.

Anyway, today I was late picking Travis up. Lucas decided to play hide and seek with the keys. I finally got the kids all buckled in and we were on our way. As I was trucking along Marietta towards the station I see this good lookin' guy walking along the side of the road. Can you believe it took me a second to realize it was my own man? I was literally embarrassed and giggling as I did a u-turn to pick him up. How did I get him? He makes me weak.





Selah is noticing things and asking questions that are starting to challenge me. Today we were driving. We were getting on 285 South at South Cobb Dr. We don't go to that exit often. Selah suddenly says "Momma! I see Nanny Hanny's city!" This is what she usually says when we drive into Vinings, where my sister lives. I tell her that we are actually in a different part of the city, but she insists. "No momma. Her city is over there. I see the building where Uncle Dennis works." Now that got my attention. We WERE only one exit over. So I look to my right. There, just above the treeline I saw the top of Home Depot's Store Support Center where Uncle Dennis does, in fact, work. Amazing.


Ok, off to fold mounds of laundry.

No comments: